Sunday, August 24, 2008

My first official blog

I apologize in advance for any awkwardness. I'm not sure how long I will be a blogger, but I've decided to give it a try at the request of my many fans.
I'm a celebrity hairstylist... you may know Lila. She's my dog. Everybody knows her, loves her and thinks she's beautiful, and of course I put her hair up in a little bow so that people know she's a cute girl. Although I have had the occasional "Is he this or is he that?.. He's so cute!" I'm like people, are you serious??... She has a bow!(pink might I add with the occasional bling) I feel bad for their children. I do actually do people's hair for a living. I did in fact cut Shawn Bradly's dad's hair once or twice. Shawn did come into the shop one time to pick up his daughter who was getting highlights from another stylist. He's is indeed very tall but I'm not so sure it helped his game so much. I told him I knew who he was and he didn't know who I was of course but who really cares. Anyways, I have many clients whom I love and cherish, who are celebrities to me!.. I guess you can tell I'm a bit bitter about not becoming a "Celebrity Hairstylist". Well it didn't work out for me yet. I'm still waiting on the big ones... Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Aniston, oh you know people like that. Brittany is not allowed though. Celebrities would probably literally not have the time for me cuz I'm so dang slow sometimes.
Anyways, I've started using the word livid in my advanced vocab that I have. Recently there was a certain situation that only my close friends know about. I was livid about this situation! Oh I'm sure you are wondering what it was but it would be gossip to blog about. I'll just say I don't want to be judgmental in my life anymore and I really don't want to be around it either. It amazes me the little specks we see in other peoples eyes when we have a life sized Lincoln Log in our own eye. I have my issues and struggles and I don't need to point out other people's... and especially talk about it to multiple people who aren't even involved.
There was a time in my life where I conformed to the people around me and did what they did and thought what they thought. Those people were like family and were my spiritual leaders at the time. I took to heart all they said and the way they lived. They were my family and when you are around people long enough you begin to think like them. Its true and we all know it. I was there for 13 years of my short life. Life was strict and legalistic. Legalism is a system of "living by the law" in order to make spiritual progress and earn God's blessing. There was a list of "do's and don'ts". Don't play soccer on Sundays. Don't go to the movies. Don't go shopping on Sundays not even Walmart if you can help it. Don't work on Sundays. Don't wear this or that. And some things were just "understood". Oh I could go on forever about the different aspects of my old church. I'm blogging all this for 2 reasons. One: I guess to share about parts of my life that have made me who I am. Two: And to confess that I have been judgemental towards people and my friends in the past and I'm currently trying to see people for who they are and not what they do or say.
Bottom line is, I'm slowly working at listening to God and not people. I have a wonderful new church I've been going to for the past 2 plus years with lots of good friends and fellowship. Spiritual abuse is a real thing and takes time and God to get over. He's still working on me. So I apologize for my issues in advance.
I'll try not to be so serious in the future. But I can't make any promises. Although I live for the next laugh and random humor in life, Bipolar does run in my family.. so sometimes the symptoms pop up. And some of you may know me.... I don't have much of a filter at times... I will talk about the weirdest, most random, very personal things in life and sometimes I can be wildly inappropriate. If you can't handle the heat, stay the heck out of my kitchen, because I'm HOT!.

1 comment:

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.