Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Out Dancing!

I went out dancing Saturday night!... It was unplanned really but I was helping a girlfriend out and we got done early, so we went out! I had never been "Country and Western Dancing" but it was so much fun. Weird but so much fun. Most of the night I just watched the other people dance. We went to Red River... They of course have the saloon in there but this dance floor was cool and new to me. It was like a skating rink really. The people hopped on and made their way around the dance floor. Some better than others! ha ha. See, I didn't know how to "Two step" but this big hick that came over and asked me to dance was determined he was the teacher for me. I was like... OK whatever. We went out there and started dancing. He liked the slow songs by the way which were boring and made me uncomfortable, because I was over on the sidelines wanting to twirl around the dance floor and move with bigger steps I guess.. this guy was like "don't pick your feet up .. just slide them.." Its kind of true but I told him I wanted to do bigger steps and he said "don't look at the other people.. just watch my feet" ha ha... Anyways.. I got out there and danced with my girlfriends though and that was fun.. they were better dancers. I didn't feel so bad after all.. I thought I was doing horrible but when you get the right partner... its better I guess.
I'm sore too, so I got a work out... but not from the two stepping though I'm sure... they played some "booty" music too... That's what I know how to do! ha ha..lol... But it just didn't seem right to see a roper out there grinding on somebody.. lol.. I'm so inappropriate! But it was funny. Anyways.. We had a blast and I needed that. Now I want Country/western dance lessons.. its easy once you know how to do it and get the rhythm down. But then you have to change it up with different partners.. It just all seemed clean fun really.. sometimes uncomfortable with a big redneck hick roper dude... But I'd never been asked to dance and that was kinda cute. I'm definitely gonna go again some time. I wish Doug liked it but I don't think he'd go so. He doesn't have a butt to shake but he can keep a beat I think. He'd probably never do it though... he's too insecure. He'd probably be afraid I'd turn him down.. ha ha. I love my husband... don't be fooled.

1 comment:

wanissa said...

we need to take country dance lessons together