Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Witch hazel and cornstarch

Just a little update. Doug got the new job with SPE(Society of petroleum engineers). We are excited about the great opportunity and Thankful to God for the blessing. Doug's a little nervous starting a new job after working for WISD for like 13 or 14 years.. whatever.. too long at WISD. Anyways they had a going away party for him last Friday and they thanked him for all his hard work and skills. They're all kinda bitter sweet about it... its like they want to be happy for him but some of them just can't get over loosing him. But they will hopefully appreciate him more when they realize all he did. Anyways... I went shopping to get all the stuff i needed for my contribution to Thanksgiving at my Mamaw's house. I'll be making a few things to take over. I'm so excited about my uncle's fried turkey and my Mamaw's cornbread dressing! with gravy! and all the other wonderful feastful foods. Well, and you can never forget the people who aren't there anymore. I love my Papaw so much and miss him a whole lot still. My cousin is having the first great grand baby and I'm sad he's not here to meet her. She'll be having her on Wednesday! Her name is gonna be Brooklyn.. cute! Ok well there's my update on life. I have to work a lot for the next two days and I'm not excited because I'm already tired! well its late but i had stuff to do with my email and when i get on the computer I do it all.. email, Myspace, blogger, and sometimes the occasional google search for whatever i need to know. last google search was for "dog tear stains.." Lila is a white dog and has been having issues with unsightly tear stains. I'm trying out a product called Eye Envy. Its supposed to control the bacterial in the wet hair caused by the tears... its apparently breading grounds for bacteria and yeast which cause the staining. Anyways.. i swear its witch hazel and cornstarch... one part is the wet stuff which smells like witch hazel and you end with a white powder and i swear its cornstarch. I haven't tasted it yet.. but we'll see.. not that i could tell what cornstarch tastes like.. Ok .. I'm done..

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You haven't tasted it YET? Are you seriously considering tasting it....ewwww!!!!

Our dog has the same problems with his eyes so we have to wash them with a wet cotton ball a couple times a week to keep the "yuck" off.

Hope the eye stuff works. AND don't, I repeat DON'T taste it!!! I don't want to get a phone call that says you died because you drank witch hazel!

Jenn said...

Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!