Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Decorations

I really need to put up my Christmas decorations! I wanted to get it done the days after thanksgiving but here it is a week after that even. Christmas is so close and I want to get in the mood. Anyways. That's what I'm stressing about today. Doug finished his first week or work at the new place. It went well. Everybody has made him feel welcome. I'm kinda bored at this moment but its too late to start something like Christmas decorations. I'm determined to get it done tomorrow. I will.. At least my Christmas tree. I don't have much else anyways.
I'm recalling some event from earlier in the week. My sister's husband is normally what I like to call "cheap." But he has a good heart. My sister has gained some weight lately and had been pouring her self into some pants. He noticed how she had to jump and tuck and pull and jump again to get her jeans on. Well he was like.. "Becky, you need some new clothes.. hears $300." Well, of course she calls me to help her go spend it all.. I was so excited for her. People.. she's been wearing this horrible green leather jacket that since we were young.. I'm talking young. I've probably had 10 jackets since then... this horrible green swede leather(might i add) was brought in to my sister's life probably in middle school or latest... high school.. she got out of high school in 2000... I swear its from middle school though.. maybe I'll find a picture.... anyways.. we found a gray wool pea coat that will never go out of style! We are all rejoicing! The other major achievement is to find pants that fit her.. her waste is about 3 sizes smaller than her butt! Hard to fit... but we were able(although she needs to get them altered.. but that's ok)! She's like supper picky too... But we had fun and found stuff and were successful fitting her butt (well kind of) and disposing of the green swede leather jacket... its like a bomber jacket.. so ugly! I'm thankful to God for bargains in the store! I really am!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That green jacket sounds just lovely! :)

I'm glad you got to spend time with your sister and help her spend her money. That's always fun.

Good luck getting the Christmas decorations up!!!