Saturday, October 25, 2008

Its another beautiful October Saturday out there today. I actually took the day off because a good friend of mine had her baby shower today. It was nice to not rush. I got up and made some breakfast and finished up the cake that I made for the shower. This one turned out good. I like doing it and having the finished product turn out good. I think that's how my mind works. I like tasks that I can spend time on and do it really nice. I wish there was a special job out there for me like that. I mean.. so far.. I do hair yes... but people have been asking me if I'm going to start doing cakes to make money... and people have said that I need to make tables and sell them for money too. Well .. the table for one, people wouldn't want to pay what I would charge..they'd probably just rather go buy something else. The cakes take too long... and I would feel bad charging what bakery's charge. Some cakes cost $100's, well my cake would or else i wouldn't be making minimum wage.. ha ha.. well the one last night took me about 5 hours total with baking and decorating with icing. At the hair salon, if I'm working 4 hours on somebody it usually costs about $135, but when people come in to get highlights, that's an investment cuz it lasts a long time...but a cake only lasts long enough for you to cut it and eat it and if you take a picture of it. maybe I'll make fake wonderful looking cakes and like at weddings people can hide real cake behind it or in the back of the venue. So a beautiful cake would last forever and be much more useful! ha ha...
My friend Tiffany had a great shower. She got lots of stuff she needed for the baby coming in December. My cousin is having the first great grandbaby due on Thanksgiving! I'm excited about all these babies coming. I've always loved babies. I'm that crazy lady who makes stupid faces, stupid noices, and makes up stupid words and talks goofy to the babies. Its fun.. and I don't care what I look like as long as I make them smile. Anyways.. I'm out.

No comments: